Saturday 14 February 2015

SPICA...why are they the best female k-pop group! - Part 2 - Their Songs

SPICA is back with Part 2. 



This time, I will enclose their songs and you will definitely find out that their songs are not only good but really catchy as well.

I will go year by year, introducing their different songs and make a brief comment.

2012

"Doggedly"

January 2012

Their debut song. However, it was just a digital single.



----------


"Russian Roulette"

February 2012

The formal debut song. One of my favourite songs.



----------


"Painkiller"

March 2012

It is a slow song, yes, but after few times of listening, I really came to like it.



------------


"I'll Be There"

September 2012

This song got them on Weekly Idol. It has kind of 90's feel. Doesn't it?



----------


"Lonely"

November 2012

Part of their second mini-album.



2012 was their debut year so their songs are not as catchy as the following ones. Also the songs have kind of 90's feel in them, which some people might like and some might dislike it.


2013

"Tonight"

August 2013

A song with a natural concept. This song is my favourite by them. It was produced by Lee Hyo Ri and her husband. Funny thing is that at first, I did not like the song as I did not like the MV. Their live performances of this song are amazing! Watch the "MR removed" version as well!



This song helped them to gain more fans, especially international fans.



2014

"You Don't Love Me"

January 2014

A song with a retro feel. This song is influenced by the style of the 1960s. Again, it was written and composed by Lee Hyo Ri. Definitely one of the best songs by SPICA. This song brought them even more international fans.



----------


"Witch's Diary"

April 2014

This song is a OST song for drama "Witch's Romance". I did not like this song at first, but after watching the drama, I love it! Also the instrumental of this song is really good. I hope that they will get more opportunities to record OST songs in the future.



----------


"I Did It"

August 2014

This their US debut single. It is pretty good. It has a kind of Western feel in it (but I would argue that Tonight might have been better choice for US debut). However, they still need to work on their English. 



---------


"Give Your Love"

September 2014

It is a debut song by the sub-unit, SPICA.S (Sihyun, Narae, Jiwon, Bohyung). This time, SPICA made a sexy concept and it is clear that they can pull it off really easily. Did not like it at first, but when I actually accepted their concept, I found the song really good.



----------


"Ghost"

November 2014

Comeback of the whole group in a digital single. I really like the song. The MV seems a bit confusing, but after re-watching, it actually makes sense.



2014 was a really productive year for SPICA. They even went to US and Portugal to perform so I hope that 2015 will be finally their year.


I hope that they will win on at least one Music Show.

I hope that they will make great music.

I hope that they will receive the recognition they deserve.

I hope that they will appear on Running Man.

I hope that Boa will release her solo album/single.



No comments:

Post a Comment