Saturday 21 February 2015

K-Drama OST songs, which just stuck in your head: Part 1 - Vocal songs 1

This time, I will look into songs, which would not get out of your head even after finishing that certain drama weeks ago. These are the songs, which would always get your attention in a drama, or at least they captivated me.





Firstly, let's have a look at the most catchy and memorable vocal OST songs...Part 1


"That Woman" by Baek Ji Young
Secret Garden (2010)



This song is definitely written in the history of the best OST songs. Whenever I hear this song, pictures of Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won appear in my head and I am projecting the drama in my head. Also this song fitted perfectly with the drama. It is also one of the most popular norabaeng songs in Korea.

There are two versions of the song, one is sung by Baek Ji Young, one by Hyun Bin ("That Man"). Personally, I think that Baek Ji Young's version is way better. She is a professional singer after all. However, it is really nice to listen to Hyun Bin's voice from time to time :)



"Ship and the Globe" by Kae Sun
It's Okay, That's Love (2014)



This song among others in this drama will be written in the history of the best OST songs. This song fits perfectly with the drama. As the drama itself is quite modern and more western-like, using English songs was a great choice.

This song is really addicting and currently, it is the most listened song in my iTunes Library. I just simply cannot get tired by this song. Love it! Love it! Love it!



"Hero" by J-Min
Miss Korea (2013)




This song is just perfect. Even after listening to it for the first time, I was humming the chorus part "Hoo- hoo- hoo". The OST in Mis Korea was great and this song was probably the best one. It is a clam song filled with a positive energy and whenever I feel a bit down, this song makes my mood better.



"Hurt" by Kim Yong Jin
Cruel City (2013)




After hearing this song in episode 1, I was in love. The song accompanied a fighting scene and it brought that scene on totally different level. "Hurt" is perfect for a dark drama like Cruel City.



"Carry On" by ALi
Faith (2012)




Thanks to this song, I discovered, my currently favourite singer, Ali. Her voice and this song is brilliant. "Carry on" is also one of my most listened songs. I didn't like the drama very much, but the OST was superb.



"Goodbye My Love" by AiLee
Fated To Love You (2014)




Whenever I listen to this song, I feel sad. I think that this song express its emotions very well. AiLee sings it very well. It is really heart aching to listen to it. And when you add the MV, you feel like crying... This song was probably the best about this drama. I enjoyed this drama in the beginning but the second half was just way too "koreanish". 



"New World" by Every Single Day
Miss Korea (2013)




Whenever Every Single Day is involved in the soundtrack, then the OST is brilliant. They haven't failed in this drama as well. Miss Korea is one of my favourite dramas also thanks to the music.


"Sunset" by Every Single Day

My Princess (2011)




My Princess was a mediocre drama, but thanks to Every Single Day, the quality rose up. The instrumental version is even better and I fell in love with this song after watching the following scene:





"Secret" by Yoon Seong Ki
My Secret Hotel (2014)



This drama was not a good one, however, the soundtrack was outstanding. This is one of the songs, which you might not like at first but then it becomes your favourite...my case. The ending part is breath taking.




"In My Dream" by Ali
Golden Empire (2013)




I haven't seen this drama, but it is on my ptw list. Thanks to this song I fell in love with Ali. This song is one of my favourite songs and I can't wait to hear it in the drama. However, "Golden Empire" is that sort of drama to which you need the certain mood to watch.


That is the end of Part one...next songs will come soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment